So if you're my friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, you probably saw me post how my Grandmother passed away Saturday morning. This wasn't my other Grandmother who was sick for a little bit a few weeks ago, this Grandmother was fairly healthy.
I don't want to get into it too much, but basically her heart stopped. It was so sudden and it happened in probably under 20 minutes. I think my whole family is still in shock. I know I am. I've cried about it a lot the past few days and I realize what has happened - but because it happened so fast, it just feels weird.
Instead of being negative, I want to focus on the positives - she loved my sister and I. We were her only two grandchildren. I know she was proud of us and she wanted to see us graduate in a few weeks. I think that's what hurts the most - we only had under one month until graduation.
I'm also so grateful for my sorority sisters - I know most of my wonderful readers (yes, you) never joined a sorority or thought they were dumb. You probably think I bought my friends. Which I really don't care, because if I did it is the best investment I will ever make - my college education comes second to that.
Anyways. My Little, Grandlittle and adopted Little came to the viewing Monday evening. And my Grandlittle wrote me an amazing card with her love and support for me right now. Monday night was also my last chapter meeting as a collegiate member. I passed down majority of my shirts/sorority items. And that hurt. I know I'll always have those amazing girls in my life, but not seeing them every week is going to be tough.
Our Executive Council gave me a beautiful card as well stating how they are here for me though this tough time. AND my Little arranged for all the sisters to write in notebooks for the Seniors. They just wrote one or two paragraph notes to us, but reading them made me cry. I have amazing sisters.
Okay, enough sadness. Next week is finals week, which also means this week is the last week of my Undergraduate education - and I didn't make it to any classes (which I'm not sad about... actually my two undergrad classes were cancelled today. WOOT!). I have an essay final to complete by Sunday night for Forensic Psychology, a final for Digital Evidence Analysis Tuesday night, a final for International Trade/Finance (eek, I'm worried about this one...) Thursday and a final for Information Security & Assurance Thursday night.
Holy. Studying.
I am so sorry for your loss, I always think it's easier when you know someone is going to pass than when it happens all of a sudden. But you're right- life changes quickly and this will only serve as a reminder to live it up every chance you get and take none of it for granted. Big hugs to you babe.
ReplyDeleteOh dear I completely understand. My thoughts and prayers to you, your sister, and family. Knowing that our grandmothers loved us is one of the best gifts they could ever give us. Best wishes on your finals...thank you for leaving your touching comment on my blog. *BIG HUGS*
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I'll keep your family in my thoughts & prayers!
ReplyDelete