us

4.26.2012

change your part, change your mood.

Did you ever notice how the little changes you can make impact your life drastically? No, you haven't? Not many people do.

Yesterday, I decided to change my hair. Not by dying or cutting it. I changed my part. I have a natural cowlick which makes my hair decide it's going to be side parted on the right side forever. And normally I love this, because I'm convinced my left eye is smaller than my right, so when my hair is covering it I feel more confident.

I was testing filters out - 
you can tell my hair likes that side. 


But since I've been reading The Happiness Project (full review once I finish it - this week gives me no extra time to myself, aside from procrastinating and writing this entry!), I've realized that even doing the tiniest change can impact yourself and others. I change my mind so much, that doing a dramatic change to anything would cause me to change again and a vicious circle has emerged.

Side note: I've been thinking about dying my hair blonde (again). Not bleach blonde, but a definite blonde. I'm naturally medium brown. Opinions?

Ignore my dorky smile -
front facing camera photos are always so awkward!

So I decided to go "retro"and do a middle part. It was hard getting use to having more bangs on the right side, but I like it. From this picture, it doesn't look like it's a middle part. And you can totally see my cowlick. (Also, nerd glasses) Yeah, come to think of it, it looks like I didn't change my part at all. But I promise you I did.

I always read how it's important to change your routine occasionally to keep from getting bored/stuck in a rut.And after just changing my hair, I can tell. I had a different mood towards everything - friends, school, work, etc. No one noticed, or if they did they didn't mention that they did - but I knew there was a change.

Who knows how long I'll keep it in the middle. Maybe just for a few days, maybe for good. We shall see!


What little changes do you make? Is doing a middle part so 90's or what? :P


3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a part. My hair doesn't really do much. And I'd be interested to see you as a blonde :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get this. i feel different when my hair is parted left, right and center. it makes a huge difference.

    [oomph.]
    Win $75 from Shabby Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does make a difference, and I notice how little things do change your mood or outlook. Sometimes scents (lotions, perfumes), different make up, or even the way you part your hair makes a huge difference. Can't wait for the book review and good for you on making the small changes.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)