I'm pretty sure this post will be self explanatory.
If a network ever desired for diverse programming, modeling after TLC will do the trick.
Pro:
All-American Muslim
Cake Boss
Say Yes To The Dress
What Not To Wear
Hoarding: Burried Alive
DC Cupcakes
Extreme Couponing
Ehh:
Geek Love
Virgin Diaries
My Strange Addiction
Con:
19 Kids and Counting
Brides of Beverly Hills
Toddlers and Tiaras
NY Ink
Long Island Medium
Obviously I see more pros than cons, but some are just out there. All-American Muslim has honestly really helped change my view on Muslims. I even made friends with a woman in my IT Governance class. She missed the first class meeting, so she came in the second obviously very quiet and set back. I think alot of it is when Muslim women wear the hijab, they get so nervous that people will judge them. And even though its a room full of adults, I know it still happens. The third meeting I invited her to sit by me and she really opened up. It's sometimes hard to understand her, with her accent but I'm use to accents.
But in every show, there are WTF moments. Virgin Diaries has tons of them right now.
Virgin Diaries = kray kray! but I do love All-American Muslim! SUCH a geat show!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been watching TLC a bunch because I am stuck on Baseball Wives (I can't help myself) and now I saw a show advertised with hillbillie's making moonshine?! You know I have to see it. If it's half as hilarious as Swamp People I may not ever leave my house.
ReplyDeleteWow. you just summed up everything I was thinking. Cake boss is my addiction.
ReplyDelete-kim
found the route