Dropbox is a great online cloud storage solution for any/all your files and file types! You can even share folders with friends and family - great for sharing holiday pictures!
Now, if you go to this link, you can get started for free with 2GB of online storage. I know it probably doesn't sound like much, but you can always increase your storage to Pro 50 which is 50GB for $99/year ($9.99/month) or Pro 100 (100GB - see what they did there??) for $199/year($19.99/month). Those numbers look pretty steep, but when it's your precious data which can cost an upwards of $1,300 to get back, it's a great investment.
Since we're on the topic of cloud storage and Dropbox, here comes your App Day Saturday (in lieu of me writing my final paper...).
Dropbox
PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry
Cost - Free
PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry
Cost - Free
"Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. This means that any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website. Dropbox also makes it super easy to share with others, whether you're a student or professional, parent or grandparent. Even if you accidentally spill a latte on your laptop, have no fear! You can relax knowing that Dropbox always has you covered, and none of your stuff will ever be lost."
As you can read (I would say see, but you're not actually seeing it), Dropbox is a great way to make sure you can access your files and folders from anywhere. I typically use Dropbox to download Word documents and Powerpoint presenations for class to view on my iPad (while I'm in class) because iPads don't have support to view these documents (some apps allow you to, such as Dropbox).
I recently downloaded it on my PC and I'm going to do the same for my Mac, so all my important class papers are available no matter what happens or where I go.
You can download the app for your smartphone (iOS, Android and Blackberry) so you can open your family photos or documents and presentations whenever you need to!
The interface is really easy to use, so as long as you know how to use a computer you can use Dropbox! You can create several folders to organize your files and share them with a fellow Dropbox user or just with someone's email.
Remember, click the link above to get your free 2GB storage!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)