us

6.06.2013

Uninspired & complaining whiny pants. {Thursday Truths}

This week, I'm feeling particularly just blah. Bored. Uninspired. Tired. Out of it.

I think my only "truth" I have for y'all this week is that in exactly one week, it's my birthday! I'm just turning 23, nothing particularly fun or interesting. Except for the fact I am no longer the focus of Taylor Swift's most recent hit. I may go downtown with some friends to celebrate, or I just might tap out and sleep all weekend. Who knows.

I think I've been feeling terrible because I haven't been exercising. I just hate spending time on the elliptical (I've always hated that thing) and the bike. And I absolutely hate running on the treadmill. I use to be okay with it, but now I just loathe it. I'd rather run outside. The problem with that is I'm not a morning person anymore, and waking up to run.. even for just 30 minutes... makes me yawn thinking about it. And when I get home from work in the evenings it's still SO humid, it makes it hard for me to breathe. I'm bored with exercising. I want to join kickboxing or other cardio classes, but like I said yesterday that isn't feasible right now.

I'm also feeling a bit homesick. I know I was just home in May, but after Memorial Day last week and with the 4th coming up, I don't have anyone to spend the holidays with. I know it's #FirstWorldProblems, but come on. You can't tell me you wouldn't be bummed out too. There's a lot of cool places within driving distance (day or weekend trips) of Memphis, but I'd prefer to not go alone. I don't want to end up being a Lifetime special.


I guess the take away from this post is:
1) My birthday is next Thursday (June 13!). If you want to send me presents, I won't object. 
I'll even send you my address if you ask nicely and aren't a creepshow. ;)

2) I need to be grateful that I have arms and legs which give me the opportunity to exercise.
I need to stop complaining about things and just do them. 
Many people can't, and would kill to be able to even just get out and walk.

3) I also just need to flip the coin on this one and be grateful I have family (some people have lost everyone in tragedies) and that I have a great job because I was able to get an amazing education. There's many more holidays ahead of me in my life where I get to spend them with everyone I love. And that I have spent many past holidays with loved ones.



Sorry this post was boring and lame, but it is Thursday Truths for a reason!
Any advice for me to get out of this "rut" I'm in?



3 comments:

  1. Hey it's not too late. You can still register all day today and tomorrow in person or online. ; ) harbortown5k.com
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you got a workout DVD that you could do at home? That way you don't have to pay for classes...but it mixes it up a bit. I hear insanity is awesome :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your birthday is the same day I move into my new house. Once I get all settled, I'll get a little fun package for you. :) And I agree, I need to get out run or do something. I am hoping that the new neighborhood will get me motivated to go explore it.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)