If you didn't realize by now, I'm a pretty stubborn person.
I hate doing things because other people tell me I have to
Or I'll do those things my way.
I've been putting off talking about my health problems here, but I think it may help someone else going through the same or similar things.
A few months ago I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
Long story short, my ovaries hate me, look like they were dropped in acid & have essentially screwed up most of my body.
It's really fun, let me tell you.
One of the medications the gyno put me on is Metformin, which is a Diabetes medication.
PCOS is thought to be a) genetic and b) caused by insulin resistance (aka Diabetes).
I'm not diabetic, but because PCOS is linked (sort of), they found Metformin works well for PCOS patients.
Anyways.
To be able to lose weight, everyone suggested I start the Keto diet.
That sounds fancy, but it's just low-carb (under 20g to start, then under 50g), high fat diet.
But when I first looked at it, I went "NOPE. That's dumb. I can't do sustain that."
I have been trying to eat better but it's hard, not gonna lie.
So now, I have given up.
I started Keto yesterday and it's gone pretty decent so far.
You don't realize how many carbs (sugar) are in basically everything until you start looking for it.
The hardest part for me is finding recipes that are both quick and not massive in serving sizes, because I'm just one person.
I can only freeze so many meals at one time...
This week, my inspiration are all Keto friendly meals!
Cauliflower Mac & Cheese - The Keto Kitchen

Bacon Wrapped Nathan's Beef Franks - Caveman Keto

Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Meatballs - I Breathe... I'm Hungry...
If you want to find out more about Keto, this is an excellent place to start!
Are you a Keto, Paleo or other special kind of dieter?
Let me know your favorite recipes!

Oh Yummy! These look delicious and would be perfect for a summer cook out!
ReplyDelete-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com
Those recipes look and sound delish!
ReplyDelete