Here it comes, another post to those that can't get it through their heads that not everyone out there has the desire to have children.
Another post where I explain that while I can tolerate being around a friend's child, I don't want to run out and have unprotected sex.
Children are not miracles. Jesus was a miracle.
Children are the result of you having sex without a condom.
It's scientifically proven.
Children also require lots of time and money, of which I have neither.
I don't find spending a Saturday afternoon watching snot nosed kids run around a field kicking a ball around exciting. I also don't find picking kids up from school because they crapped their pants exciting or rewarding either.
Or even seeing kids run around a pool only to crack their head open on the concrete because Mommy and Daddy were too busy smoking cigarettes and sucking face to pay attention to them (true story, happened today at my apartment complex's pool).
Please don't tell me I'll change my mind.
You wouldn't tell a homosexual person that they'll change their mind about loving the same sex, would you?
You wouldn't go up to someone like David Bromstad (prominent interior designer on HGTV, who is gay) - "Oh this is just a phase. One day you'll meet the right woman and realize that you want to marry her, have children with her and go become an accountant."
That isn't who he is or what he wants to do with his life.
That's essentially what you tell me, and all the other child free people out there.
One day we aren't just going to stop and say "Wow, my entire life has been a lie. I'm missing out on having stretch marks in places I didn't know could stretch and not being able to shave my legs for 9 months... only to then later have a 10lb human vomit all over me and cry just to see me get pissed off. I'm really missing out!"
I really doubt I'll change my mind on this.
I didn't even like kids when I was a kid.
I would always become friends with the kids a grade or two higher than my own.
I still don't like most people my own age, even as an adult.
The only reason I'd want to have a child (a girl at that) is so she can become a legacy in my sorority AND go into technology like I did.
Which is a 100% selfish reason to have children.
More selfish than when people say it is selfish to not want kids.
If someone tells you they don't want children, you should be glad.
Because they are 100% self-aware and realize they can't/should not care for a fragile human life.
Look at how many people out there want kids and end up having tons of them, only to suck welfare dry and raise mongrel children.
I'm actually doing society a favor.
Also don't think that because I don't want children and try to limit my time around them, that if I am around you/your children I will accidentally hurt them.
I'm not an idiot, I know how to hold a baby and play with kids.
I worked in a toy store for 4 years, damnit.
I just really would like to be able to hand a kid off once it starts puking and pooping everywhere.
Oh and crying. I hate the sound of children crying.
(Just a side note, if you're in the camp of letting your children "cry it out", good on you. I'm all for that, as opposed to spoiling them with candy and toys to shut them up.
HOWEVER, if you're in a store please don't let them cry it out in the store. Take them out to the car and let them wail. Save the rest of us the agony, please.)
All I ask is that parents/people in general stop judging me on my life choices and start worrying about their glue eating, sand throwing, screaming children.
I've got my life figured out, maybe you should focus on helping your child figure out theirs.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)