Oh tax season. You're a fun one, aren't you?
A few months ago, I was legitimately dreading doing my taxes.
I didn't even understood how it all worked.
But I'm a Type A personality so I sat down and read every blog post and news article I could on "How to File Your Taxes".
Yes, I know software like TurboTax and HR Block do it for you.
I wanted to understand the math and process behind it all.
Anywho. I ended up using TurboTax (Online edition), and I seriously recommend them.
As far as pricing goes, TT and HR Block are about the same.
I went with TT because their support library was very extensive and every question I had they had an answer for in there.
Long story short, my refund will be in my bank account at the end of this week!
I really don't understand how people can not want to file their taxes.
If they're simple, it's basically free money.
Here's some responsible things I will do/you should do with your refund:
- Pay credit card bills off.
- Pay car insurance for the next 6 months.

- SAVE

(Okay, no one is this happy when they use their credit card.
Let's get serious Google Images...)
- SAVE
Here's the fun things to do with your refund:
- Apple devices
- Plane tickets/hotel/car rental for a future vacation
- SHOPPING SPREE
You probably can't do all of these things with your refund - probably just one or two of them.
Oh and I'm not being paid by TT to talk about their services.
I just know when I was searching I needed someone who was honest about the different products!
I just know when I was searching I needed someone who was honest about the different products!
Are you getting a tax refund?
Will you be using at least some of it for something fun?
* - All pictures are from Google Image Search unless noted otherwise.






Since we got married I thought our refund would be minimal (that's what I always hear) but we ended up getting a huge one! Sadly, we're just "saving" most of it. Being an adult is really no fun.
ReplyDeleteLove tax season! Definitely paying off some credit card bills with ours :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie
The Other Side of Gray
I would love to buy an Ipad mini with my refund, hopefully I get a lot back.
ReplyDelete-Vogue&Heels
vogueandheels.wordpress.com