us

2.06.2013

change - but not the Obama kind.

I've been sitting around and reflecting on where I am in my life right now.
I have an amazing job, which I love going to every day.
I never take it for granted and feel blessed to be working.

For 22, I've been very fortunate in my life.
Great friends, family, health and opportunities.
But I know it can all change in an instance.






At work in the next few months, things will be drastically changing.
And although I love the people I work with, they don't always accept change as well as I do.
Or even as well as us millennials do.

I think that just comes with the time period we were raised in.
The late 80's & 90's were a pretty solid time - culturally, economically, globally.
Things were looking good - after all we had N*Sync, BSB, Brittney and Christina.
Not to mention technology & video games were on the rise.
No one had many complaints.

And then we got into the new millennium... and 9/11 happened.
A few years after that, we hit a recession which we're still trying to recover from.
For most of our teen/young adult life, we've had to learn how to adapt and change.
We had no other choice.

I'm not saying my parents generation didn't have struggles, they did & still do.
But we were young when all this change happened.
I was 11 years old when 9/11 happened.
I grew up knowing the world changed instantly and I couldn't sit around and complain.



Change isn't always a bad thing.
Change is usually a good thing.
It's all about perspective and how you handle it.


Do you like change?
Have you ever dealt with people who hate change?



3 comments:

  1. I do ok with change- in fact, I kind of love it. It's why I like moving to new cities and new apartments so often. Getting stuck in a routine is scary to me. I hope things go well at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you said this so well! I definitely have trouble with change...so it's nice to have a reminder that it's all about perspective :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work-related change can be good. Being stuck in a routine at work is scary to me. When I get bored, I don't do as well as I should.

    I don't like other changes. I guess it is because familiar things remind me of people who are gone now. My father rests at Florida National Cemetery. I miss him. I didn't realize that the consequences of 9/11 would extend on, and on. Wars happen. Wars end. There'll be other wars, but we usually get a break, with peace and harmony in between. I would like that sort of change!

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)