As I see my friends who are still in school (or who have returned to school) post about finals coming up, I can't help but remember that was me, fervently studying, less than 6 months ago.
(I took my last final exactly 4 months, 1 week and 2 days ago)
(I took my last final exactly 4 months, 1 week and 2 days ago)
Do I miss it? Kind of.
I miss having little responsibility.
I miss having the simple stress of finals and scheduling classes.
I miss hanging out with my friends as much as I could.
But as I think back, I realize I couldn't do it again.
I'm so glad I finished my Master's when I did because I was burnt out.
There's a certain point where you have to stop your formal education.
This doesn't mean I've stopped learning - quite the opposite!
I'm actually starting to teach myself a new programming language;
& I want to be fluent in Greek in the next year or two.
But overall, life gets significantly better after college.
Your stress and priorities change, but you realize what is important to stress over.
Being an adult is a freeing time.
I go to work, work as hard as I can and come home.
I workout when I have time in the morning or evenings.
I can watch TV without feeling guilty;
I can watch TV without feeling guilty;
Or worrying if I have something due.
I'm able to enjoy life, enjoy my family and friends (from afar).
I volunteer with my sorority and go to church every week.
I volunteer with the Women's groups in my church on events.
I play video games (my one true love) every free chance I get.
Everyone evolves into being an adult (obviously).
But it can be insanely scary when you're just about to get to that stage.
I volunteer with my sorority and go to church every week.
I volunteer with the Women's groups in my church on events.
I play video games (my one true love) every free chance I get.
Everyone evolves into being an adult (obviously).
But it can be insanely scary when you're just about to get to that stage.
Even some days I wake up and I think "Crap. I'm a real adult now."
But there's no turning back - you just have to learn as it comes to you!
Do you agree?
What advice would you give to your college-self on growing up?
But there's no turning back - you just have to learn as it comes to you!
Do you agree?
What advice would you give to your college-self on growing up?
I feel exactly the same way! The other day I went to my college library and everyone was deep in exam mode. For a second I missed it, and then I went: "Nope!" so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. Of course, now it's job searching and related angst, but at least it's a new challenge and I feel like I'm moving forward. I definitely miss the security/consistency of it!
ReplyDeletefoxesinflannel.blogspot.ca
You sound like me- I just want to keep learning and learning. And after my Master's I was thinking "hmm, what can I get a degree in now"? But then I think about having to do finals and I"m like nooooooooo thank you.
ReplyDeleteoh my, learning greek? That's crazy, but a great goal!
ReplyDelete-Amy
http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/