I've discovered I really never have any motivation to do anything. Okay, that's a lie. I'm motivated to sit on the Internet, Tweet, pin things and watch YouTube videos. But I have no motivation to workout, eat healthy, blog regularly or get homework assignments started and finished early.
I've decided to just give up on my blog schedule. I don't follow it and life gets in the way of everything. I will try to blog at least twice a week, on random topics/whatever I feel like.
In other news, I got completely fed up with my hair this weekend. We got back from Memphis on Thursday afternoon, after which I had to go straight to night class until 10pm (I didn't get home until 11:45ish, because my Dad took me to get dinner). Friday I did absolutely nothing until we went to a funeral and took my sister to her friend's house, because she and her friend were leaving for Athens, GA for a pharmacy rotation. Yesterday (Saturday) I did nothing again, until my parents took me out to dinner. The point of this story? I didn't wash my hair for 3 days.
EW KIM YOU ARE SO GROSS.
Okay listen. If you have half a brain, you know washing your hair everyday is terrible. Not only does lice love clean hair because it's easier to move around in, the chemicals in shampoo (and even your water) completely strip every healthy oil and nutrient out of your strands. Don't believe me? Google it. And while I'm sitting with thick hair at 80 and your bald, then you can tell me I was right. And don't think just because I didn't wash my hair means I didn't shower - because I did. I'm not nasty.
So today I washed it. And I washed it good. And it felt great. Until I dried it, and realized I hate my hair. Not completely, but it was all one length (except for my bangs) and it was so BLAH. So I went and got a haircut. The stylist cut the bottom a little shorter than intended, but I'm sure the ends were dead. She cut lots of layers into my hair, which is good because then it can grow back even thicker than before.
The whole time she was cutting and drying it she kept saying "You have so much hair!" and "I wish my hair was this thick. I love it" and "Your hair is so soft! Oh my gosh amazing!" Yeah. Confidence boost for the week.
Hello crappy iPhone front facing camera picture. You can't really tell here, but trust me.
I got the layers like Jagger.
I promise I'll be better. And I'll comment more for you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)