Honestly not much has been going on - last week was Greek Week. So for me, it was a lot of sitting around and cheering. I've also been visiting the hospital when I can because my Yia-Yia (Grandmother in Greek) is sick. She's getting better, so no worries! Prayers this way are still great and much appreciated.
I've been thinking a lot about my blog (what you're reading right now, duh) and what direction I want it to go in the next year. I will be posting more often, as soon as I have a regular big girl job/schedule and I figure my adult life out (which I will also post about). I want to make it more personal and model it after some of my favorite blogs that I read (and sometimes not always comment on, because I stink) regularly.
I'll be posting my thoughts and happenings with relocating too, because I think writing about it will ease any anxiety out that I may have. I know, I have like 3 more months until I actually have to start freaking out about it. But I'm 85% Type A personality and have to have nearly everything figured out and decided upon ahead of time.
So in honor of moving in a new great direction, here's what's currently freaking me the eff out:
Apartments. How do you know to pick the right one? I suppose this is just like finding a soulmate, except with an apartment after one year you can move. Which calms my nerves a bit, since it's not that huge of a commitment. But of course I'd like to find one I can stay in for at least 2 years, or until I meet said^ soulmate and we move in together/get married.
It usually isn't very hard for me to make a decision - the first prom gown I tried on in 11th grade was the one I picked (I only tried 2 other ones on after it); I saw the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in Laguna Blue in my local mall and decided that was going to be my first big girl car; when I shop I buy the first set of things (shoes, tops, pants) I see (and that fit). So once I actually talk to the leasing office in a few months, I know choosing an apartment won't be hard.
Ain't she a beaut!? I can't wait to buy her. Her name is going to be Zoƫ. :)
But it is hard for me - especially since I'm not physically there to look at them. And I don't know anyone who can give me a better recommendation as to which place to stay in. I posted in my sorority's alumnae chapter (in Memphis) asking for advice on places, and the woman that runs their page personally added me and told me she would ask around.
I know I'll get recommendations from the HR department and when I start work (here) in May... but again.
Type A personality.
It stinks.

Your first few sentences?
ReplyDeleteStory of my life.
♥Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com