So I’ve been thinking about freelance work lately. You can really do it in any industry, but mostly IT seems to be a forerunner. Because I’m not a programmer, I can’t develop apps for people/businesses. I can do CSS and HTML, but I wouldn’t consider myself an expert. Actually, I don’t really know what I’m good at. Probably mostly social media and marketing analysis as far as social media/technology goes.
“Uh okay Kim, why are you telling us this? We don’t care. We don’t know anything about technology, except using blogger and browsing the internet.” Right, I know a lot of people that read (or don’t) my blog are in different areas (psychology, stay at home mom.. etc.). Basically what I’m asking you to do, is “whore” (promote me) me out. Let you friends know that you know this awesome girl/blogger (not lately, I’m getting back up to it…) who would love to gain more experience in technology & business sectors.
I guess I’m actually just looking for more networking opportunities. I really would like to talk to someone who has been in the industry for a while and can give me some sort of direction as to where to go once I graduate. Don’t get me wrong, I have great contacts from school and family friends. But most of these people are from the same area (Pittsburgh/Baltimore) and I’d like to see what is happening all over the country.
Sooo.. yeah. Help a sista out with her future (or lack thereof currently). If there’s anything more you’d like to see in my posts, let me know. I promise you’ll get more (of them) and more of me personally (whether you care or not) coming soon. Speaking of coming soon, I have exactly one week and 4 hours until I’m done with my internship, get 2 weeks of summer and start back to senior year. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)