us

8.10.2011

13.1 miles?

So since I've been on this "I'm legit not going to be a whale anymore" kick, I've decided to train for a half marathon. More specifically, the Pittsburgh Marathon is every year in May. I mentally and physically can't prepare/do a whole marathon, so I've decided to train for the half. I use to run cross country (for like a year and a half, until I broke my wrist and wasn't allowed to run[I guess I broke it pretty bad, I don't remember]) and then I got fat.

This all started because I had bought a Groupon a month ago or so that was for this place near my house called "Oh My You're Gorgeous". It's basically a fitness studio, that holds fitness classes (duh) and has spa services. But what makes them different is... they have pole dancing classes. Yes. Pole dancing. The groupon was for 4 50-minute classes in any of their offerings (Zumba, Pilates, Cardio Groove, etc.). And I got a reminder yesterday to use it (Thanks, Groupon..) so I began looking at their class list. And then I got to thinking about after that deal has been used, I should really take advantage of the fitness classes my school offers, that are FREE. And then I thought that if I'm planning on signing up for all these fitness classes, I might as well go all the way and train for a 5k.
THEN I thought "well if you're going to do 5ks, you might as well do one of the biggest events.. a marathon." But I then realized that a marathon is TWENTY SIX miles and I was like "UH NOOO." So I'm going to start NOW and train. I'm going to sign up for a 5k or two that happen maybe a month/month and a half from now to just TRY and see where I'm at, and work through the winter. Then when spring comes, I'll do more 5ks and hopefully be able to do the half marathon no problem. Hopefully.

Any thoughts/ideas/words of wisdom? Please? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)