us

7.01.2013

new month, new start.

Ah, July. Here you are again, with your 'Merica filled celebrations (in which we can't tell if it's gunshots or fireworks).
Your blistering heat and days filled with an abundance of sun.

Guys, we just passed the halfway mark of the year.
Before you know it (like, next week) there'll be back to school sales, Halloween costumes out and then Christmas decorations.
As I get older, I really do see how the days are long but the years are short.

I can't help but countdown to my vacation in August, but I know that countdown is bittersweet.
Before I know it I'll be in Clearwater, FL soaking up the sun and then getting back on a plane home.
After that, the only next holiday I really have to look forward to is Christmas (which I 100% LOVE by the way...).
And then a new year starts again.


But let's focus on now.
On the sweet summer days filled with food, friends & family (if they're around you) and relaxing.
I don't really have any 4th of July plans, but I may drive out to Nashville this weekend or down to Tunica, MS to gamble at the casinos.
Who knows, both involve spending lots of money! ;)


Do you have plans for the 4th?
Lots of adult beverages and cookouts? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)