Today I'm linking up with Laura and Sara for the first Tennessee Blogger's Linkup! If you happen to be a blogger in Tennessee, use the button at the bottom of the post to link up with us!
Also, if you're a blogger in TN, why aren't we super friends yet!?!? Just a thought...
This week's linkup is all about what to do in the summer in your city. This is the first actual summer I've had here (can't believe I've lived here a year August 1st), so I'm just finding the fun things to do around town!
Wednesday night I went to my second Memphis Redbirds game, and compared to my first game (which was an afternoon game and our seats were in the direct sun... in 98 degree heat + heat index), it was so much fun. I got to network with current and former interns and even found two guys who moved in the past month from Pittsburgh to here! Can you say new instant friends? :)
This was from my first game, which was on my birthday!
If you didn't know already, I'm a little different. I love being outside, in the sun, just doing whatever. BUT I love staying inside, playing video games, reading or watching crappy documentaries on Netflix. When I do want to get outside and be outdoorsy, I usually go to the park. Shelby Farms is the largest in Memphis, and one of my goals is to bike the entire Greenline (a bike/running path that goes all the way from the park to downtown, 6.5 miles). It's not a super far distance, but for one I don't have a bike rack on my car (yet) so hauling that around is crazy and 2) I don't even know how far I've been on a bike. Maybe 2 miles?
But I think my favorite thing to do in town isn't really in town at all - I love just sitting on my balcony, overlooking the apartment complex's pool. That may sound really boring, but it's so relaxing to me. The way my apartment faces I only get morning sun, so by the end of the day it's still hot, but it's tollerable. I can eat my dinner out there and read my books (currently I'm on A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One [also known as Game of Thrones]) or play my Nintendo 3DS (again, I'm a HUGE nerd. Don't judge me, Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the shit). It really is the best way to end a stressful day at work, or a place to just be lazy. :)
I took this a while back on a rainy day, but I really like my view.
As long as neighbors across the way from me aren't naked!
[Thank God that hasn't happened yet...]
What is your favorite thing to do in the summer in your city??
Let me know below!
And link up if you're a Tennessee blogger!
(Also, please let me know if you have issues commenting.
I installed Disqus the other week because I was starting to hate Blogger's generic comment system.
If you do have problems, let me know on Twitter - @kimberrleigh)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)