Some stuff has happened in the world lately, good and bad. And because I haven't blessed you all with a post lately, you'll get some blog vomit. Brace yourselves, randomness is coming.
{Royal Baby}
Welcome to the world, you already spoiled little brat. I'm kidding, I'm not that mean to a Royal Brit. But you really are spoiled, and made up of super good looking and rich and powerful genetics. So I kind of hate you. We found out today your name is George Alexander Louis and THANK GOD. I mean, I know your parents/the monarch wouldn't dare name you something trendy, but it is a family name so good on them.
I also want to point out your Mom is wearing the most hideous dress, but even she can make it look good. Now all these young Moms are going to want to wear powder blue polka dots. I can see the disgusting Facebook posts coming.
{The Zimmerman Case}
Alright. I believe Zimmerman was guilty. I also believe Casey Anthony is guilty. I also believe Florida is the worst state ever to be killed in because your family will never get justice for you. I don't think the Zimmerman case was a hate crime - using that excuse is bull crap.
I think at night, Zimmerman saw a tall, unfamiliar person walking through this gated community (where there had been multiple break-ins) and as a member of the neighborhood watch went out (with his gun, which he legally was allowed to own) to follow/approach/question this guy. I think Martin took it as profiling in the heat of the moment (since he was a black teenager), got pissed off as most teenagers too and started a fight with Zimmerman in which I believe Zimmerman fought back. I really do not believe that Zimmerman stood there and went "Oh no sir, please don't hit me. I didn't mean anything by following you with a loaded gun! Let me be on my way!" NO. I think Zimmerman exchanged very heated words with Martin - a fight takes two to tango.
I think Zimmerman got pissed because he was an adult getting the crap beat out of him by a teenager and in the moment decided shooting the kid was the best thing to do, which killed Martin.
Regardless, it's a shame that a young kid (regardless of race) was murdered.
{Game of Thrones}
If you've been living under a rock, you wouldn't know that GoT is one of the most popular shows on TV right now. I am cheap, and refuse to pay the extra money a month for HBO. I also love reading, and decided to go down the rabbit hole and read the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series. AND HOLY CRAP. I'M OBSESSED. I'm about finished with the first book (I'll be able to finish it tonight or tomorrow).
Impressions so far: Sansa's a little bitch. I find myself strangely attracted to Jon Snow (in the book & the actor on the show, Kit Harington) - *DROOL*. Joffrey is a major pussy & Cersei was a major bitch until I realized she's basically just a really good politician. There's so many characters, and so many deaths. Incest, rape, hardcore sex - straight up murder, treason and creepy ghost/zombie things. Basically, it's my kind of book. :)
Each book is only like $10 (you can get the boxed series, I just didn't want to wait for Amazon so I bought the first two at the same time at B&N) and I seriously recommend it. It is in the Fantasy genre, so the time period (Medieval-ish) is similar to Lord of the Rings. But even if you don't like that stuff, you should still pick it up. Again, I'm obsessed/addicted.
{Animal Crossing: New Leaf}
Yes, I know. This game is for little kids. But holy mother of jeebus is this game addicting. I went out and bought a Nintendo 3DS just for this game (mostly, I have Ocarina of Time and MarioKart too). I've played some where around 56 hours in the past two weeks I've had it. That doesn't seem like a lot, but that's 2.5 days straight worth of game time. iJustine describes the addiction/game best in this video.
She's right, this probably sounds insane. But it's not. And I love it. Better to be addicted to this than drugs, right?
{Vacation}
I'll be on vacation in 10 days. TEN DAYS. Guess who needs to start running like 4 miles a day everyday. Also guess who has been mentally checked out already. I cannot wait to board that plane, see my boyfriend (Justin Timberlake) and then lay on the beach. It's not even that work has been stressful lately, I just haven't been to a beach in years. I miss you sand...
What are you absolutely addicted to right now?
Your thoughts on the Royal Baby & the Zimmerman case?
Where are you headed/where did you go on vacation?
Let me know in the comments!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)