us

11.24.2011

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

What I'm thankful for:
*-This list will not be the traditional friends, family, God.. etc.


For those that don't know, Pinterest is a virtual pinboard of pretty much everything and anything on the Interwebs. They have an iOS app, which allows my focus and motivation factors to severely decline throughout the day. I'm mostly thankful for Pinterest for giving me excellent new craft ideas to try, new outfits to put together and food that I will make which will make me 53278529 pounds. (And if you click the name under the logo, you can go to my page and follow me!)



Coupons
Why coupons? If you aren't an avid couponer, you don't understand. And you should. Couponing is probably one of the most rewarding experiences ever. To know you were able to save money with a piece of paper? Awesome. Now I don't get obsessive over couponing because I have too many other things going on, like school, family, my organizations, etc. I'm sure once I can get in a steady routine when I get a big girl job I can find time to scour the internet for online coupons, but right now that's not an option. I do get excited when the Sunday paper comes and the coupons that come in the mail flyers. I also love AllYou's free sample email notifications, because I've gotten some great samples, and sometimes they come with coupons! Going on manufacturer websites too is a great way to get coupons sent to you or you can even print them out at home.



Christmas Music
Do I even need to explain this one? Just turn on the Pandora Christmas station and let your mood be lifted 6,000,000%. More recently, my favorite song has been "Baby It's Cold Outside". People have called me crazy for listening to it since Halloween, but I just can't help it. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. I love the snow, I love Christmas decorations and lights, I just love it all. This would probably seem contradictory since I worked in retail for 4 years, but I guess it just added to my excitement for the season! Christmas music just adds an extra layer to it. I really love the Rat Pack singing the classic songs, so iconic.


YouTube
I'm grateful for YouTube not just for the funny cat videos or for the videos that go viral. I'm grateful for YouTube for giving me vloggers to subscribe to, that let their fans inside their lives for 5-15 minutes (or more!). I'm grateful for the vloggers that have introduced me to other things, whether they're Internet service or retail products. My favorite YouTuber is iJustine, because A) hilarious and B) she's from Pittsburgh, so of course I'm going to like her. She has tons of  different channels, and I love them all! She does what she loves, which is making and editing videos and that inspires me. Her youngest sister Jenna vlogs as well, and her vlogs awesome too. I also love CTFxC (Charles & Alli - who just got married Sunday!) because they post some pretty silly vlogs and they've been vlogging for 900+ days, basically their journey from engagement (and before) until today and I'm sure they'll go beyond that!



Of course I'm grateful for more than just this list, and for the traditional things like the Internet, Family, Friends, God, having a job, etc. But these are just some things outside of the norm that I'm grateful for!

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thankgiving. Eat tons of food, watch football and promise to not murder the employees of the stores when you go out on Black Friday! They're trying to help you, not hold a deal from you.. geeze!
Gobble Gobble


1 comment:

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)