Oh hay, hi there. I promised I'd update. Currently I'm at work(internship) and there isn't much to be done. I have 2.5 more weeks left, so it's more of us(me and the two other interns) just sitting doing nothing.
I mentioned before that I joined Weight Watchers last Monday, and since then I've lost 3 pounds. I'm pretty sure that was just bloating/water weight, since it's been so damn hot and yesterday it finally cooled down. I've been very very hungry, since I try to ration my points between dinner and lunch, but it's been good. My mom doesn't believe that me paying for the online system will work, and she insists that I go to meetings but honestly - I don't need to sit in a room with fat middle aged women cry about how they splurged on a doughnut. I really don't. Not only does that suck emotionally, but I just don't have time for that crap.
I've decided that within the IT field, application development(what I'm doing at my internship right now) is not what I want to do with my life at all. Even if it is, it's more on the business end. Not writing code. Although my Java Programming summer class ended yesterday and she posted our grades this morning. I got an A. YEAH! WHATT BIAAA!! Alright, I'm done being cool.
I found a posting for an IT Recruiter position on my school's career search site, and by the description I'd love to do it. My mom has discouraged it, since it would be for less money. But to start out, I think I'd like to ease into the rest of my career-life with something fun like that. I also found another position on another career site that was for a client consultant pre-sales position, which basically means(if you can't tell from the title) I'd consult with clients on what the best solution is for them before the sales rep can make a deal with them. I'm not sure if I'd be good at sales, I'm either too passive or too aggressive, no in between.
Speaking of careers, I actually would prefer to never work ever, but unless I marry Prince Harry or some other man from wealth/man of wealth, it won't happen. I'm considering starting crafting/sewing more and making an etsy shop, but I need to make a few things and see what exactly my style is first.
The whole spending/saving situation has been netural. I've been making lots of money this summer, but it's all gone to 1) paying the last payment on my summer class 2) an iPad 3) an iPhone (my blackberry shit the bed 4th of July weekend) 4) paying off my credit card(which feels damn amazing) 5) paying off my VS credit card (which I have to do this week/next week). I have two more paychecks and I'll be saving all but $200 of each of them (I need gas/spending money etc.), because I have to buy books and pay sorority dues, etc... you know, the traditional college takes all your money montra.
I'm more than excited to get back to school. I know it won't happen, but I want this year to go by really really slow because I don't want to graduate from Undergrad and have to get a job. If I don't get interviews/offers in the fall, I'm not looking in the Spring. I still will have 1 semester after the spring semester where I'm finishing my Masters, so I'll look during that time. I want one last fun summer before I become an adult.
And oh yeah, still no love life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)