us

7.26.2011

What I'm loving right meow

I've decided to make a new series of 'What I'm loving right meow' (did you see that, did you see what I did there? instead of now... it's meow. Alright, I'm done.). Since this is so broad, it should work for me. And since I actually need some sort of structure, this will be a weekly Tuesday post. At least you'll get something from me once a week, right?




Image - etsy.com
1. Etsy - I've been in love with Etsy for a little while, but ever since I found those I'm even more in love. For those who aren't like me and play video games whenever possible, that is the Aperture Science logo from Portal(and Portal 2). I'm considering getting it tattooed on me somewhere (I don't have any tattoos yet..).





Image - HGTV.com
2. Interior Design - Blame it on HGTV Design Star, but I've been seriously looking into starting interior designing. I just want to start out and say it's bull that places take your money to teach you how to do it(I mean, isn't that the whole concept of college though..?? Oh well, I digress), and that as long as you have a decent eye you can tell what goes well together.





Image - HGTV.com
3. The color Cerise - This was the color of the month on HGTV.com last month (June), but frankly I hate the color of the month for July(bright lime green, head over here to see it) and I'm slow on checking all my blogs, since I sit and do nothing all day. ANYWHOO, I think this color is just so fabulous and girly, because it's such an intense shade of pink. It's quite fab.





Image - Google image search
4. Apple Products - I had mentioned before that my crapberry shit the bed at the begninning of the month, and I was actually able to upgrade instead of getting a waste-of-time replacement. I had to chose between a Droid or an iPhone, and I picked the iPhone. While I am still a tad sad that I don't have the opportunity to play around with the open source-ness of Android, I really do love my iPhone. I bought an iPad in that same weekend (I was planning on buying the iPad then, iPhone was a "spur of the moment decision"). I know I sound like the traditional Apple elitist, but it's so nice to have things that just work. My aunt gripes that the lack of Flash support on the mobile devices is a major downfall (she has all Apple products[MacBook, iPad, iPhone]), but I don't really notice it. Maybe I just don't go to that many Flash sites because they're terrible in the first place, or because Flash will be replaced by HTML5 soon anyways, so it's nbd for me.
Since I am a tech geek (not afraid to admit it), I have tech geek friends(mostly guys) and anytime someone mentions Apple (if they aren't fans of Apple) they moan and complain. And they also have Android phones. SO pessimistic.



So that's it for this week's edition of 'Meow (yeah, I am giving it a trendy nickname. Such a hipster). I'm sure I'll have more to post later.
Oh hey btw, go stay updated on my weight loss daily progress at my Tumblr account. I'll post huge milestone moments here, but in the meantime, read up over there! http://kimberrleigh.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)