

Hello messy dresser. You are messy. And you still aren't clean because Kim hasn't had time.

The huge pile of clothes and hangers were all clean. Yeah. I get that bad sometimes.
I guess it doesn't look too bad yet, but I just had to throw a bunch of things away and rid myself of clutter. Because my iPhone pictures aren't professional or anything (you can submit my room [or entire house] to HGTV for a makeover anytime...), I moved my entertainment center from next to my bed to the foot of it, so I can watch TV from my bed (lazy). If I rotate my little baby TV, I can watch it from my desk while I'm doing work.
My white desk in these pictures is from Ikea. And I love it. Best desk I've ever had. It was only $20 - $5 for the table top and $3 for each leg. It's basic and simple, matches my bed (which is also from Ikea and just so happens to be falling apart...... NOTE: Never buy a bed from Ikea unless it is all solid metal. Particle board beds look nice, but truly stink.).

This is mid-cleaning. Holy pile of JUNK.

The smaller cart with fabric cubes in it is in the process of getting cleaned out (as is the taller one) so I can re-use it as a "bookshelf" for the binders and books I use every day for class. I have a bookshelf (seen in the corner, kind of) that desperately needs cleaned out too, but that's for another weekend (hopefully before Thanksgiving I can get to it).

Hey, we're kind of making progress!
What's in the window you say? Why yes, that is a WINDOW AIR-CONDITIONER. Why? Because our house was built before central air was a priority, and was not built to support putting central air in at a later date. Therefore every summer, we have to put our window air in. And the day after these pictures were taken, my Dad removed it (he travels frequently, and he was finally home for a full weekend to remove them). The only advantage to these is that we live in a Ranch style home, so it's one-story. No steps here homies.

And finally, with my desk and entertainment center somewhat in an order. If you notice, my entertainment center does not match any of my other furniture. It was a piece in my Yia-Yia's(grandma in Greek) house and we couldn't part with it. So now it's in my room. I don't really mind, because this is still my childhood bedroom, so nothing I can show off that's my own yet.
In a future post, when I do my bookcase and the area next to it, I'll post a final picture of everything.
This took me from Friday afternoon until this morning to get done (I had washed and changed my bed sheets to flannel, for the cold weather). It feels really good. I tend to rearrange things every 6 months, just for a needed change.
Do you rearrange constantly? If so, do you do it based on your mood, the seasons or something else? Let me know in the comments!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)